I have successfully made the move to Cookeville, Tennessee. My new home? A "lovely" apartment on the campus of Tennessee Technological University (pictures to come soon). I"m not quite done unpacking, but most of it is done and the apartment is livable.
Today was spent unpacking and getting some things figured out with my assistantship. Already, there's been talk (between my professor and my father) about a blowtorch on my rear. I have a feeling that the next two years will include some very high expectations and probably some stressful times.
I'm very excited about this opportunity, but it comes with concerns. I still have very little idea of how things will be, and this bothers me. I've been told multiple times how incredible the students are here - I'm excited to meet them and make some new friends - and I'm hoping this happens quickly, my birthday is coming up soon! I'm also worried about time and keeping up with stuff. Right now I feel behind with coming in prepared (yes, I know... "Then why are you blogging?!"... short answer: it's a break from unpacking while Big Brother is on!) I also think it might be a good idea to wait on trumpet studies until I can get acclimated to grad school life.
I'm also missing everyone from Iowa... more recently my new theatre family in Decorah. I was able to get closure with New Hampton, but Decorah was different, it was much different. I'm missing them a lot right now and I can't wait to get back up there. I'm hoping to visit over Christmas Break and then I'm also going to try and go back next summer and direct some shows again (which means auditions during Spring Break!)
No comments:
Post a Comment