Well, sorta...
Grad school has officially started!!! We got through marching camp - the band is fantastic and incredibly hard working and efficient. They're sound is phenomenal and their marching technique gets taught so quickly that it's not always easy to figure out who's a freshmen and who's a veteran marcher.
My classes are going well. I'm taking 2 credits of conducting lessons, score analysis & realization, Perspectives in American Education and I will be playing in the Wind Ensemble. Let's just say, the conducting lessons and score analysis course are kicking my butt from day 1. I haven't held my baton since May.... big mistake there! My ear is not that great to begin with and I haven't been in an ensemble setting since May either! I had to take a pre-test today for score analysis that took an hour and a half. listening examples that I had to judge and they were tough! Oh - I'm also the TA for the Fundamentals of Conducting course.
Not sure what else to write about this time.... Monday-Tuesday are really busy days. I didn't get home until about 9 tonight... and then I had some conducting exercises to practice and I need to go get some cereal for in the morning. Thankfully, the week lessens out as we approach Thursday and Friday :) I'm looking forward to having all that study time!
No comments:
Post a Comment